The Okotoks Healthy Family Resource Centre provides information, support, and referral to community resources to residents of Okotoks, Turner Valley, High River, and the surrounding MD of Foothills.
No referrals or appointments are needed to access this free service, which is open Monday-Friday from 9-12 noon and 1-4 pm.
Additional programs offered include:
- TLC Parenting for Toddlers, a weekly drop-in group for parents or caregivers
and their children ages 12-36 months
- Teddy Bear Picnic / Family Resource Fair – an annual event with fun activities
for children and information on community agencies for parents
- programs designed to support low-income residents, such as recreation
fee assistance, Christmas “Holiday Helper”, Back-to-School support, and summer camp registrations.
Other services “borrow” office space at the Centre to provide help to local residents.
These services include:
- youth addictions counseling (Alberta Health Services)
- Income Support intake and Child Support Services
(Government of Alberta “Alberta Works” program)
- sexual abuse counseling (Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse)
- support for expectant mothers (Healthy Moms Healthy Babies)